Monday, March 24, 2014

"A hero a is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to perservere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -Christopher Reeve

Christopher Reeve was Superman, he was until he had a terrible accident rendering him from the neck down. He lost his appearance of being Superman, the indestructible man to a man who can barely move in a wheel chair, which didn't stop him from being Superman at heart. That quote means that even though he can no longer save lives, doesn't mean that he can't be a super hero any more, because a super hero doesn't need powers to save lives. A hero is a person who can help anyone in anyway to make some one's life just a little bit easier. Meaning a few simple words or pulling someone out of a burning building.
Chistopher as a retired hero knows the ways of being a hero more than anyone. So I agree with Superman, an ordinary individual that can easily get through obstacles life throws and be the better person. I myself has played hero every now and then, but unlike Superman, my heroics never happened when it was needed. At parties I was the friend who didn't another friend get on a motorcycle with a drunken driver. I lent cash I never saw again for taxi fees, but I was also a well known villain among party goers. A bit of a stickler for the rules, told girls if someone slipped something in their drinks. Superman, had may seem being a hero, physical; he is a hero in every other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment